Yummy Sea Buckthorn Energy Balls
Have you discovered the awesome, bright orange sea buckthorn berry? This remarkable berry contains the rare omega 7 oil and it is rich in antioxidants, vitamins C and E and beta carotene. It has a deliciously sharp, zingy taste and works very well in this delicious energy ball recipe from our friends at Erbology. This vibrant plant-food company make the most wonderful, artisan food as medicine plant foods and deliciously nutritious snacks from organic and wild-cultivated plants grown in Europe. Sea buckthorn has be shown in scientific studies to be good for cardio health, mucous membranes, immunity and brain health. Try making a healthy organic breakfast parfait with granola, plain Greek or coconut yogurt and sprinkle with sea buckthorn flakes and a dollop of raw honey – delicious!
Makes around 10 balls, prepares in 15 minutes.
Raw, 100% plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, free from refined sugar
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract
- Lemon zest from 1 organic fresh lemon
- ½ tsp maca powder
- 1 ½ tsp Erbology Sea buckthorn Powder + a bit more for covering
- 2 tbsp raw agave syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place cashews in the food processor and mix until finely chopped.
- Add raisins and hemp seeds and mix again for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until they start to blend well together.
- Take the mixture out and place in a bowl. Prepare another bowl with some sea buckthorn powder.
- Form little balls (around 20g each) with your hands, then roll each ball in the powder.
- Place the energy balls in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. Buy Erbology Sea Buckthorn Powder at Amazon