Let’s all make a deliciously organic chocolate and ginger tart. It’s an exciting way to indulge in antioxidant-rich organic chocolate this Easter weekend whilst avoiding the temptation to eat one too many Easter eggs with unhealthy levels of processed sugar and other poor quality ingredients that shouldn’t be in our food. Good food, made with healthy, sustainable ingredients is far more satisfying and nutritious and promotes a feeling of joy and foodie satisfaction.
The Joy Of Organic Chocolate and Ginger!
This rich and moreish chocolate tart recipe is sure to delight friends, family and last minute guests. The good news is that it is easy to make, doesn’t involve any cooking and it’s plant-based.
This deliciously organic recipe is also packed with a powerhouse of deliciously organic ingredients from dark chocolate to ground almonds, linseeds, and ginger. Combining the classic duo of dark chocolate and Pukka organic Ginger Joy Herbal Latte it’s sure to be the star attraction around your Easter lunch, afternoon tea or dinner table.
- 75g coconut oil
- 55g maple syrup
- 75g ground linseeds
- 185g ground almonds
- 15g cocoa powder
- 15g Ginger Joy Organic Herbal Latte
- 80g olive oil
- 500g dark chocolate 70%
- 200ml almond milk
For the Pastry
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pan over a very low heat. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Press into a 20 cm tart case (grease with a little extra coconut oil), and freeze until solid
For the Filling
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a Bain Marie, remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat in the organic almond milk and olive oil until smooth. Pour this mixture over the frozen pastry base and chill the tart in the fridge.
- Serve with cashew cream or local and artisan organic or biodynamic clotted cream or Greek yogurt.
Takes 30 minutes to prepare. Allow two hours freezing time and one hour to set. Serves up to 12 people.